Kenneth P. Strongman, Esq.
Ken’s overarching purpose is to leave the disputing parties in a better position than when they came to him.
He believes that “Mediation is conflict at its best.”
As a professional Mediator and Arbitrator since 2004, he works to unite people into purposeful and unified directions, actions, and efforts by getting under surface appearances. By doing so, he facilitates the parties in developing their unique solutions. Disputes addressed include business, securities, construction defects, real estate, intellectual property, employment, environment, energy, and trusts & estates.
He is also a Judge Pro Tem, Contra Costa County, and Arbitrator and Mediator for FINRA [Financial Industry Regulatory Authority].
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT LIST
Clients include law firms ranging from solo practitioners to large (more than 100 attorneys) law firms in diverse locations throughout California. Representative law firm clients include: Northern California: Hanson, Bridgett, Marcus, Vlahos & Rudy; Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, Fitzgerald Abbott & Beardsley, LLP; Tobin & Tobin; Weinberg, Roger & Rosenfeld; Nichols, Catterton, Downing & Reed, Inc.; Fagen Friedman & Fulfrost LLP; Kimball, Tirey & St. John, LLP; Randick O’Dea & Tooliatos, LLP; Harris Rosales & Harris; LLP; Dannis Woliver Kelley; Futterman Dupree Dodd Croley Maier, LLP; Friedland, Rivas & Associates; Law Offices of E.J. Mascoli; Favaro, Lavezzo, Gill, Caretti & Heppell, P.C.; Oakland City Attorney’s Office. Central Valley: Dowling, Aaron & Keeler, Inc.; Cassinat Law Corporation; Prout·LeVangie, LLP. Southern California: Jampol Zimet Skane & Wilcox, LP; Law Offices of Amanda Hill; Hemar, Rousso & Heald, LLP; Miles, Bauer, Bergstrom & Winters, LLP; Kolar & Associates; Greene Fidler Chaplan Hicks, LLP; Schonbrun DeSimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman, LLP.
Juris Doctor, John F. Kennedy University School of Law, Walnut Creek, CA; Editor-in-Chief, John F. Kennedy University Law Review.
Masters of Business Administration, Golden Gate University, emphasis in Information Systems/Computer Science, San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Science, University of California, Davis, Environmental Planning and Management (Urban & Regional Planning), Davis, CA
John F. Kennedy University School of Law, Adjunct Professor, Pleasant Hill, CA
Bardinelli, Straw & Cavin, LLP, San Ramon, CA
Shapiro, Buchman, Provine & Patton, Walnut Creek, CA
McCutchen, San Francisco, CA
Congress of Neutrals, Walnut Creek, CA
California State Automobile Association, San Francisco, CA
Napster.Com, Inc., Redwood City, CA
Chevron Corporation, San Ramon, CA
BAR ADMISSIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND ACTIVITIES
- State Bar of California, Bar #215483
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (federal)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (federal)
- John F. Kennedy University, Paralegal Advisory Board
- Robert G. McGrath American Inns of Court, Executive Board Member
- John F. Kennedy University, Paralegal
- Mediation Society of San Francisco, Executive Board Member
- FINRA Arbitrator A58669
- Judge Pro Temp
- Contra Costa Bar Assoc. Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Chair
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND ACTIVITIES
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Mt. Diablo Silverado Council of the BSA, Advisory Board member. Received Silver Beaver Award. [The Silver Beaver Award is the council-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. Recipients are those that have made an impact on the lives of youth through hard work, self-sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service. It is given to those who do not actively seek it.]. Course Director National Youth Leadership Training. Assistant Scoutmaster of two troops.
- Walnut Creek Transportation Commission. The commission advises on all issues affecting parking and transportation. Topics include the Transportation Element of the General Plan, roadway operation, parking, alternatives to single-occupant vehicle travel, the Downtown Trolley, and other transportation related matters.
Ken Strongman, a private commercial mediator/arbitrator of complex, high risk litigated cases since 2004. Disputes addressed include business, securities, construction defects, real estate, intellectual property, employment, environment, energy, and trusts & estates.
© 2019 Ken Strongman. All Rights Reserved. Please do not copy or repost without permission.